Welcome to the search bar tutorial! I will help you learn how to use this lovely feature. Unfortunately this handy dandy tool is not for everyone; the search can only be used by donors and staff, so if you are neither... oops. Anyway, let's start.
1. The search bar is located between the header and the forums. It looks like this:
2. Clicking the grey button that says "Forums" will bring up a drop down menu with the following options:
These are pretty obvious, so no need to explain, but I'll explain anyway.
- Forums: search in ALL sections of the forums
- Members: you want to find a member
- Help Files: you want to learn to do something that can be found in the forum's help files
- Calendar: an event you're looking for.
3. There is also a little white gear next that when clicked...
Will take you to the advanced search page (click the thumbnail to enlarge). Here, you can search for something by date, author, or in a specific section of the forum, among other options. Fancy!!!!
4. Now, let's search for something. Let's search "blonde hair"' in all the sections of the forum. Please remember that the mininmum number of words you must enter into the search box is TWO WORDS. If you enter one word it will not work, so please enter two or more.
You will be taken to a page with this at the top:
Your search for the term blonde hair returned 80 results
This tells you how many results your search has. You will find a list of all the topics containing the words you've searched for.
5. You may organize your search using the following options:
if you are not a donor or staff, you will get this message 100% of the time. Sadface :((((((